Thursday, May 23, 2013

Tribute to an amigo bueno. Happy Birthday, Jim


"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life".  Mark Twain
     

     I'm popping a cork today...chin chin to good friends!  Today's hip hip hoorah goes out to my good friend Jim.  Cumpleaños Feliz, to my Spanish conquistador.  

     Jim is the Mark Twain in my life.  He's like the old Retriever that lies at your feet waiting for you to need your slippers or a cold beer from the fridge (he's a very adept Retriever).  The kind of friend that feels like they've always been there.  Wise, well-processed affirmations flow from his lips, anchoring me to myself.   

     He is suave and debonair - well-seasoned yet eternally young at heart.   And he's always there, lurking somewhere in the ethereal regions of friend-dom, waiting with a howdy-do...are things well with you?

     Tip o' the hat to ya, ol' chap!  Thanks for the cyber-dance.





No comments:

Post a Comment