Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Things I've Discovered

I've discovered that self-aware is different than self-conscious or narcisistic.

I've discovered that vulnerability requires incredible strength.

I've discovered that I've placed more unrealistic expectations on myself than my family or the media ever could.

I've discovered that I'm a feminist only to the degree that it doesn't strip me of my femininity.

I've discovered that I love real, raw, honest heart-to-hearts because they are a window into someone's soul.

I've discovered that hair dressers do far more than dress hair.

I've discovered that indulging the wild, silly, unhinged side of myself is like taking off a sweaty mask.

I've discovered that removing my focus on an ambiguous after-life brings this life into much clearer focus.

I've discovered that 32 years of marriage to the same man is the best investment I have EVER made.

I've discovered that some of the best conversations happen around a fire and a bottle of wine.

I've discovered that my favorite weekends are the ones where my world contracts into a little bubble with all of my favorite people in it.

I've discovered that I'm an introverted extrovert. 

I've discovered that people are just a different shade of "me", colored by the things they've been through.

I've discovered that to be alone with my thoughts can sometimes be destructive.

I've discovered that the human touch is the most powerful of all elixers.

I've discovered that there are far fewer blacks and whites than once imagined and that grey is a pretty color too.

I've discovered that my life has been a dance to a really groovy beat.













No comments:

Post a Comment